Funk's new series of charity benefit events starts with "Amy's Girls - the Mountain Pointe sand volleyball program that Amy Park is striving to resurrect.
Her efforts will get a big IV boost with the spark plug of funds from this event!
We aim to raise $900 from the player registration fees ($5 goes towards the prizes)
Help us help Amy and the local sand volleyball high school community.
And get a hell of a tourney in return!
Sat, Dec 11
check in 10:00 am / play starts 10:30 am
finals predicted 6:30 pm
6 games minimum guaranteed / 9, 12, 15 possible
$35 per player
Grab a coed partner and get to some Funky Swinging!
at Elk's Island Sand Courts
Oak / 64th Streets
He-Man / She-Ra dual net format
Straight Coed 4s + Reverse Coed 4s
men's height net + women's height net
- Sign up as a coed pair (guy + gal)
- 16 teams total in the field
- Teams are grouped into pools of 4 each round.
- All 4 teams partner with and against each other over 3 games each round.
- Teams finish 1st-4th in each pool by their win/loss record,
and advance by being one of the top 2 or 3 (depending on the round).
It's a blend of King of the Beach with Swingers.
- 6 games minimum are guaranteed.
9, 12, 15 games are possible for advancing teams
- Games are to 21 in Rounds 1 & 2
- Games are to 17 in Round 3
- Games are to 14 in Round 4
- Games are to 11 in Round 5 for the Final Four
1st place wins 4 new Wilson OPTX volleyballs
2nd place wins Funk shirts
Welcoming all players B minor level and Up
- Understand the full rules of clean play
- Have some organized volleyball experience
- Be able to control the ball consistently
- Be mobile: able to move efficiently and get to the ball well (i.e. - you aren't limited to passing balls that land in your lap.)
- Have the endurance to play 7-10 games for 6 hours straight
Funk Beach Elks Island features:
- Deep sand in the play area, lovingly maintained
- Clean and even coverage LED lighting
- Ball catch netting all around perimeter with 16 house balls spread around
(never need to go chase a ball.)
- Righteous vibes, no cliques no dicks, groovy music, good times.
- Full bar just steps away with special volleyball service area with draft & bottled beers, mixed drinks, beer and White Claw buckets at excellent prices.
- Court side seating all around at bar and Adirondack chairs on the sand.
- BYOFOOD is A-Ok - Grub Hub / Door Dash your favorite food or delivery to the courts.
- Coolers with NON-alcoholic drinks are always A-OK at Elks Island
- Doggies on leash with good boy owners also most welcome
Join our Funk family, volley brother or sister!
1. Beauty & The Beast
Kelsie French & Will Wehe
2. Simba & Nala
Brad Kusay & Lex Baum
3. The Bald & The Beautiful
Scott Hill & Mersades Rae Klein
4. The Tall & The Short
Dustin Waynick & Amy Park
5. Club Sunday
Curtis Allen & Rachel Davis
6. Freedom Burger
Erin Mickelson & Chris Nicklin
7. Ass & Sass
Kim Cox & Billy De La Espriella
8. Chandler & Joey
Mehan Lynnea & Nick Regester
9. Goku & Chi Chi
Josh Elliot & Devonne Ryter
Oleg Shvets & Alexis Mourning-Alvarez
11. I AM the Manager
Jordan Bontrager & Alexandria Giannini
12. Sonny & Cher
Andre Cardmone & Tatum Wehe
13. Milk & Cereal
Chris Leigh & Kelly Young
14. Tazo & Astro
Gabe Mendoza & Christina Pillar
15. Shake & Bake
Shawn Malkou & Regan Hurkett
16. Ralph & Vanellope
Zach Lucas & Jorden Smith
Thank you everyone for the fabulous response!