Sun, Oct 11
Check in 11:00 am / play starts 11:30 am
wrapped up by 7:00 pm
$25 per player
sign up as a coed pair (guy + gal)
6 games minimum guaranteed / 7-10 possible
Grab a coed partner and get to some Funky Swinging!
at Elk's Island Sand Courts
Oak / 64th Streets
He-Man / She-Ra dual net format
Straight Coed 4s + Reverse Coed 4s
men's height net + women's height net
6 games minimum guaranteed
4 pool play games to 21
all games split net format - half game straight, half reverse (we lower the net)
Double elimination playoffs follow
Same game & net format - half/half split
1st place wins a $25 certificate for your next Elks Island tourney free
2nd place wins $10 cash or shirt if we have your size
Welcoming all players B minor level and Up
- Understand the full rules of clean play
- Have some organized volleyball experience
- Be able to control the ball consistently
- Be mobile: able to move efficiently and get to the ball well (i.e. - you aren't limited to passing balls that land in your lap.)
- Have the endurance to play 7-10 games for 6 hours straight
- 12-14 inch deep sand in the play area, immaculately maintained
- Clean and even coverage LED lighting
- Ball catch netting all around perimeter with 13 house balls spread around
(never have to go chase.)
- Righteous vibes, groovy music, good times.
- Full bar just steps away with draft beers, mixed drinks, bottled beer and beer and White Claw buckets at excellent prices.
- Court side seating all around at bar and Adirondack chairs on the sand
- Court side BBQ grill churning out delicious single & double burgers, chicken sandwiches, cheese and chicken quesadillas, Philly Cheese Steaks, Brats and dogs, all with a choice of side of coleslaw or watermelon.
- Coolers with NON-alcoholic drinks are always A-OK at Elks Island
- Doggies on leash with good boy owners also most welcome
Join our Funk family, volley brother or sister!