Friday Night Funk Draw
at Elks Island Beach Courts
Just bring your bad self, we take care of the rest
6:15 check in / 6:45 pm first game
finals wrap up 12:15-12:30 am
The FNF Format = more games for all teams, all players
The Friday Night Funk format idea is to create collective camaraderie of play
on a casual, fun Friday night where everyone gets a robust, healthy share of play.
NOW WITH FIVE POOL PLAY GAMES (used to be 3)
and a single elimination finale.
5.5 hours of play with almost everyone in it right to the end.
SIX games guaranteed for 4 teams
7 games guaranteed for 2 teams
8 games guaranteed for 2 teams
Pool play games to 21 / cap 23
Playoff games to 25 with no cap
$25 per player
Welcoming all players B minor level and Up
- Understand the full rules of clean play
- Have some organized, competitive volleyball experience
- Be able to control the ball consistently
- Be mobile, able to move efficiently and get to the ball well (i.e. - you aren't limited to passing balls that land in your lap.)
- Have the endurance to play 6-8 games for 5.5 hours straight
- Deep sand in the play area, lovingly maintained
- Clean and even coverage LED lighting
- Ball catch netting all around perimeter with 12 house balls spread around
(never have to go chase balls)
- Righteous vibes, groovy music, good times.
- Full bar just steps away with draft beers, mixed drinks, bottled beer and beer and White Claw buckets at excellent prices.
- Court side seating all around at bar and Adirondack chairs on the sand
- You can always feel welcome ordering Grub Hub, Door Dash, pizza etc
- Coolers with NON-alcoholic drinks are always A-OK at Elks Island
- Doggies on leash with good boy owners also most welcome
Join our Funk family, volley brother or sister!
Team names theme for this FNF = Stallone movies