Sat, February 18
10:30 am check in / play starts 11:00 am
final game predicted around 6:30 pm
Come join the Funkalicious barefoot volleyball love in on the sand,
especially for our Rec and C level players.
Tamer than Intermediate level.
We keep these fun, light and fair.
See full details on rules below.
(Bear in mind that play can still be competitive in Rec/C,
and team potency can vary.)
at Funk Beach
6398 E Oak Street Scottsdale, 85257
Fun Is Number One
It's a sweet day full of trademark Funkalicious good vibrations and volley camaraderie; maybe catch a buzz and win a prize, too.
REC and C level event explained
- Teams of 4 or 5 need at least 1 female
- Teams of 6 need 2 females
- No net contact - at all. Touch the net = point for the other team.
- No contact with opponents under the net
*We need everyone to control their bodies, to keep barefoot volleyball a non contact sport - safety first.
- This day is about ball control, placement and teamwork - not individual hitter power. That flavor of tourney is Intermediate level (and we do offer those).
So, in the spirit of maintaining a true lower octane Recreational vibe:
- NO SPIKING - balls may not be swung at and hit DOWN.
(Balls MAY be swung at and sent in an upward or level trajectory)
Place the ball with strategy: shoot it, roll it, poke it, dink it, cut it, place it.
- No throwing/pushing the ball down for a point (sticky finger ball directs down)
- No attacking the serve (spiking/blocking the serve back)
Other than that, we pretty much leave you to the fun.
Rotation on the serve is just fine, but not required.
We do not call lifts, carries, double contacts or throws to teammates or up and over.
- Seven pool play games (to 15 points/ cap 17)
- Double elimination bracket playoffs (games to 18/ cap 21)
- 9-13 games total guaranteed for all
- Max of 10 teams taken
- $30 a player
- We do try to form at least one Free Agent team ($35 per player)
*Success at forming this of course depends on getting at least 4 free agents
1st & 2nd place both place win sweet Funkalicious shirts or Thermoflasks!
Team names: anything western or cowboy!